A Proprosal  

Saturday, March 1, 2008

March 1st is an anniversary of sorts for us. Eight years ago, on March 1, 2000, Roland proposed. As I mentioned a couple of days ago, it was pizza night for us, which he did intentionally so that my friend Kelly would be over. He had Kelly and me go pick up the pizza that night, so that he and Michelle could get the ring ready.

When we returned with the pizza, Roland asked me to get the bottle of Coke out of the refrigerator. I opened the door, and there, tied onto the bottle with a piece of purple curling ribbon, was my ring. I stood there frozen for a minute as my stomach dropped like I was on a roller coaster. We'd talked about getting married, and I knew that the time was coming, but he still surprised me. I, ever the romantic, said, "What the hell is on the Coke?" After getting the ring, I went into the living room, where Roland was doing his best not to look at me. I think he was a little nervous. He told me later he was sure I'd say no. So, seeing as he is also a romantic fool, he said, "So what do you say?"

The funny part is that later he told me, "it was supposed to be tomorrow, but Kelly could only come over tonight. (It was a Wednesday night, not our traditional Thursday night pizza night." I said, "why, what's tomorrow night?" to which he said, "it's the seventh." See, our dating anniversary is September 7th, and so March 7th is the sixth month point, and that's when he intended to propose. Unfortunetly, I had to tell him that it was March 1st, not March 6th. He kept insisting it was the 6th. Finally he said that he'd been dating things the 6th all day. He was disappointed, but I was amused, because it was the thought that counts. :)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


1 comments: to “ A Proprosal

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster